This vegan vanilla cake recipe results in a white, spongy cake with a delicious flavor. It tastes wonderful topped with vegan chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting—or just about anything else you can think of. As a basic recipe with a simple, but tasty result, it can serve as the foundation for many delightful desserts. Try adding some fresh fruit on top for a little extra pizzazz!
1 cup of soy milk, unflavored
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup of sugar, white
1.5 cups flour (unbleached)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup canola coil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp almond extract
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. You will need an 8×8 inch baking dish or a baking dish with the equivalent area. Grease the dish and flour it so that the cake will not stick.
2. In a large glass measuring cup, mix together the apple cider vinegar and soy milk.
3. Get a large bowl, and add your flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Whisk the ingredients together.
4. In the cup with the soy milk/vinegar mixture, add in the canola oil, lemon juice, and vanilla and almond extracts.
5. Add the soy milk/vinegar mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture. Stir both together until you have a nice, smooth batter without any flour lumps.
6. Pour the finished batter into the greased and floured baking dish. Make sure that the batter goes into the dish evenly so that the cake will cook evenly.
7. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Top as desired with frosting or fruit.
Servings : 8
Ready in : 50
Course : Dessert
Recipe Type : Vegan Recipes