My vegan pancake recipe makes the best vegan pancakes! Even though there’s no dairy in them whatsoever, they will always come out with that light, fluffy, irresistible texture that you love. Enjoy them plain or topped with maple syrup or honey and vegan butter—or your choice of toppings. They’re also excellent with a serving of fresh fruit; I recommend strawberries!
Quick tip: When cooking pancakes, you will notice that the skillet heats up over time. Your first pancakes will take significantly longer to cook than subsequent pancakes. You may even need to turn down the heat after your first few pancakes a bit so that you do not burn the remaining pancakes. Cooking pancakes is easy with practice, but takes some attention.
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp white sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups water
1 tbsp oil
1. Get a large bowl and pour in the flour, sugar and baking powder along with the salt. ½ tsp is the suggested amount, but you can salt to taste. Stir the ingredients together until they are well blended.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the water and oil together.
3. 3. Return to the large bowl with the dry mixture in it, and make a small well in the center. Pour the water and oil mixture into the center of this well, and stir everything together until it is blended. The well trick makes this go faster. The texture of the mixture will be a bit lumpy even when you’re finished blending. This is the way it is supposed to be, so don’t worry about trying to get out every lump.
4. Turn your stove on medium high and lightly oil a skillet and place it on the burner. Add a large spoonful of batter onto the skillet. Gently lifting and swirling the pan can help the batter spread out in a more regular, rounded way so you get nice round pancakes. Cook each pancake until you see bubbles forming and the edges are dry. Wedge your spatula underneath and flip the pancake to cook the other side. You want both sides to be browned. You may need to flip the pancake over a couple of times to get the best cook-through. Then start with the next spoonful/pancake, and continue until all your pancakes are ready.
5. Serve your pancakes with vegan butter or margarine, and top with honey, fresh fruit, or your favorite toppings of choice!
Servings : 9
Ready in : 20
Course : Main Course
Recipe Type : Breakfast, Vegan Recipes