Vegan cream cheese frosting always adds a touch of sophistication and elegance to any dessert, not to mention a unique flavor which can really bring out different facets of a recipe. My vegan cream cheese frosting recipe is very fast to prepare, and is perfect for vegan carrot cake. It also tastes great on other types of cakes and brownies. This recipe makes enough cream cheese frosting to cover one 9-inch layer cake.
For one 9″ layer cake
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 tbsp non-hydrogenated margarine, chilled and sliced up
1 ½ pound soy cream cheese, chilled as well
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine with an electric mixer set on medium. Continue for three minutes until the margarine has softened enough to add the next ingredient.
2. Next, add the cream cheese pieces. Continue blending on medium.
3. Add in the sugar and vanilla gradually, while blending on medium.
4. For 2-3 minutes, increase the mixer speed to high. When the frosting becomes fluffy, it’s done.
5. Cover the frosting and set it aside while you finish your cake or brownies. Spread it on your finished dessert and serve!
Servings : 16
Ready in : 10
Course : Dessert
Recipe Type : Vegan Recipes