If you’ve been searching high and low for the best vegan cornbread recipe, you’ve come to the right place. All you need to make my vegan cornbread is cornmeal, ground flax seeds, standard baking ingredients, and a little soy milk. This is an easy recipe to prepare, and it’s perfect for Thanksgiving! Enjoy it any time if you want to add a traditional touch to a special meal.
1 8×8 cornbread
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tbsp water
¼ cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp table salt
1 cup soy milk
¼ cup canola oil
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. While you are waiting for the oven to be ready, grease an 8 inch square baking dish with vegan butter or nonstick cooking spray.
2. Get a small saucepan and bring the water to a boil. Once the water is ready, add in the ground flax seed, and then drop the heat on the stove to medium-low. Simmer the ground flax seed for three minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally, and once it is thickened, take it off the heat and set it aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, pour the flour in with the cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk the ingredients together until they are well blended.
4. Now, get the flax seed mixture and pour it into the dry mix. Add in the canola oil along with the soy milk. Beat the mixture together until it is smooth and homogenized. Once it is smooth, you don’t need to keep beating it; you can overdo this step if you are not careful, which can compromise the texture of the finished cornbread.
5. When the mixture is the right consistency, pour it into the baking pan, and put the baking pan in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, the cornbread is done.
6. Allow the finished cornbread to cool on a wire rack. This can take up to 20 minutes. Then it is ready to serve.
Servings : 9
Ready in : 50
Course : Snack
Recipe Type : Dinner, Vegan Recipes