Vegan chocolate chip cookies prove that giving up dairy doesn’t mean giving up great dessert! My vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe will satisfy any sweet tooth, however demanding. These are some of the richest, chewiest cookies you’ll ever taste; their subtle complexity is the result of two secret ingredients, cinnamon and molasses. Eat them on their own, or sandwich them around your favorite dairy free ice cream for vegan ice cream sandwiches!
1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp golden flax meal
3 tbsp water
1 ¾ sticks of vegan butter or margarine (3/4 cups and 2 tbsp)
2 tsp molasses
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take a small bowl and add the flax meal and water. Whisk them together, and then set aside for 10 minutes so that the mixture has time to thicken into flax gel. While you are waiting, you can line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Now get a medium bowl and pour in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix the ingredients together until they are homogenized.
3. Get another medium bowl and put your butter or margarine inside along with your sugar (you want the butter or margarine to be at room temperature). Mix them together, and then add in the flax meal gel once it is ready. Then add in the vanilla extract and the molasses.
4. Get the flour/baking soda/salt/cinnamon mixture you made in step 2 and add it to the mixture you just made in step 3. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. If you have ever made dairy-based cookies before, you will probably notice that this is a thicker batter. You may need to use your hands to get it thoroughly mixed, not just a spoon. Add in the chocolate chips and mix some more.
5. Once your mixture is prepared, you can shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Put them about 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheets, and place inside the oven. Cook for 7 ½ minutes. Open the oven, rotate the sheets, and place back inside for another 7 ½ minutes. Note that these cookies do not take on the golden color of non-vegan chocolate chip cookies as they bake. You must pay attention to the cooking time. After a total of 15 minutes of baking, they will be ready.
6. These cookies store well. If you seal them, you can keep them for a week at room temperature. In the freezer, they’ll last six months.
Servings : 22-24
Ready in : 50
Course : Dessert, Snack
Recipe Type : Vegan Recipes