This carnitas style pork shoulder crock pot recipe is extremely easy to make with the help of your trusty slow cooker. I don’t think its an exaggeration to say that its one of the best pork recipes I’ve ever done, and that should say a lot, because I’m a big pork lover. In the rare case that you find some leftovers on the day after, you can throw it in a soup, sandwich, or combine it with practically any other meal.
7 lbs. of pork shoulder
½ tspn of cayenne pepper
2 tspns of black pepper
2 tspns of chili powder
2 tspns of oregano
2 tspns of cumin
5-7 cloves minced garlic
½ tspn of cinnamon
2 tbsp salt
2 limes (squeezed juice)
1 orange (squeezed juice)
1. Trim the fat from the pork in order to reduce saturated fat.
2. Mix the cumin, chili powder, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, and cinnamon together.
3. Rub the pork with the spice mix.
4. Put the pork into your crock pot, squeeze in the lime and orange juice and add the garlic.
5. Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
6. Once the meat is cooked, strip it from the bone. It should be very easy at this point.
7. Serve with your favorite sauce, and a paleo base like cauliflower rice or zucchini pasta.
Servings : 8
Ready in : 610
Course : Main Course
Recipe Type : Dinner, Paleo Recipes