Zucchini pasta is great for anyone on a carb restricted diet who wants to enjoy the texture and feel of noodles, without the carbs. Zucchini noodles have been quite popular for quite some time now, especially in the low-carb, paleo and gluten-free worlds, but the problem is that they don’t always taste that great. However, with this tasty zucchini pasta recipe accompanied by creamy avocado sauce, you won’t have to worry about that. If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, enjoy these noodles made out of zucchini or summer squash. This is a great pasta base that will allow you to continue enjoy pasta dishes, even if you can’t eat pasta.
1 large plate
5 large washed zucchinis
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
For the SAUCE:
1 large avocado (remove pit)
12 fresh basil leaves
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/2 squeezed lemon, or 2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Julienne your zucchinis (slice lengthwise) and place in a collander. Add dash of sea salt and toss until coated.
2. Let sit in the sink for approximately 20 minutes
3. Add the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
4. Place a saute pan over medium-high heat, add coconut oil.
5. Add the zucchini to pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
6. Add the avocado sauce and toss until the noodles are thoroughly coated in sauce.
7. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Servings : 4
Ready in : 20
Course : Main Course
Recipe Type : Dinner, Gluten Free Recipes, Lunch, Paleo Recipes