These hearty stuffed peppers are easy to make and convenient to eat – not to mention tasty. The cayenne pepper and pepper flakes gives it a nice little snap. The key to making this dish paleo is to replace the usual bread/rice based stuffing with cauliflower rice. This recipe for stuffed peppers is also great for the gluten-free diet. Try adding some fresh cilantro as well, or changing up the ground beef for turkey or chicken. If you have some extra ground beef leftover, you can use it to try this mouth-watering paleo meatball recipe.
6 medium/large colored bell peppers
1 lb. lean ground beef (can substitute ground pork/chicken/turkey as desired)
8 oz. organic tomato sauce
2 cups cauliflower (riced)
1/2 cup green pepper (finely chopped)
1/2 cup red onions (chopped)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp. cononut oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (176 °C)
2. Bring pot of water to rolling boil, blanch peppers for 1 minute.
3. In a saute pan, heat coconut oil until hot.
4. Add garlic, bell pepper, and onions to pan and cook until onions are tender and translucent.
5. In a large bowl, mix the ground meat, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, parsley, tomato sauce, as well as the cooked bell pepper, onions and garlic from the pan.
6. Add the riced cauliflower to the mixture gradually while mixing.
7. Remove the bell pepper tops and stuff mixture into the peppers.
8. Add the stuffed peppers (minus tops) into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Add the pepper tops to the stuffed peppers and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
Servings : 6
Ready in : 50
Course : Main Course
Recipe Type : Dinner, Paleo Recipes