Doing the paleo diet and missing the crunchy goodness – not to mention convenience – of your morning cereal? This paleo granola recipe is so good you’re not going to believe that it’s 100%, totally grain-free. This paleo granola is great to take on the go in Tupperware or a ziplock bag for anytime you need a quick bite with some fat and protein – without the grain. You can also enjoy it in the morning as a regular cereal breakfast with paleo-approved cononut/almond milk. Its simple, easy, delicious, and 100% grain-free. What more could you ask for? You can experiment with different flavors like cinnamon or nutmeg in place of vanilla extract if you’re looking for some variety.
Equipment: You will need a food processor or blender, oven, a baking sheet, parchment paper, a large mixing bowl, and a stirring spoon.
1 large bowl
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews (unsalted)
1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (without shell)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 275 °F (135 °C)
2. Put the cashews, almonds, and coconut flakes into a food processor or blender. Pulse until broken up into small chunks.
3. Place the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract into your mixing bowl and place it in the microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds.
4. Add the blended nuts, seeds, and coconut flakes to the mixture and stir until thoroughly coated.
5. On a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) , spread the granola mix evenly.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the paleo granola mix is lightly browned. Stir halfway through.
7. Remove from oven and add raisins.
8. Let the mixture cool for around 15 minutes (or until it hardens).
9. Break into chunks, and enjoy!
Ready in : 45
Course : Snack
Recipe Type : Breakfast, Paleo Recipes