Everyone needs a treat now and then, but chocolate chip cookies can’t really go with a primal diet, can they? I mean, our hunter gatherer ancestors weren’t exactly baking tasty chocolaty morsels in their caves.
Probably not, but then again, they weren’t flying around in jets, posting rude comments under Youtube videos, or doing cross-fit either! Here’s a scrumptious paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses Almond flour in place with the usual wheat based flour that goes into most chocolate chip cookies. Even your most paleo-skeptical friends won’t be able to tell the difference.
2 2/3 cups almond flour
2 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chunks (or regular chocolate chips)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 pinch of salt
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs.
3. Mix both bowls together thoroughly.
4. Add coconut oil and chocolate chips to the dough.
5. Hand roll the dough into even balls, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten slightly.
6. Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) for 15 minutes.
Servings : 5
Ready in : 20
Course : Snack
Recipe Type : Paleo Recipes