Cauliflower is an impressively versatile vegetable if you use a little creativity. Here’s a great little paleo cauliflower rice recipe that will let you enjoy the taste/texture of rice, without the paleo-nullifying effects. It makes a great paleo-approved base that’s both filling and satisfying, yet extremely low on calories.
Feel free to substitute the spices with your own personal favorites. While the recipe calls for a food processor (the simplest way to prepare cauliflower rice), you can certainly chop the cauliflower manually if you prefer.
1 head of organic cauliflower
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. Aleppo chile finishing salt
1/2 tsp. Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Chop up the cauliflower
2. Place chopped cauliflower into food processor and pulse until the chopped cauliflower is approximately the size of rice grains.
3. In a skillet, heat the coconut oil and melt the butter. Saute the onions until they’re tender and translucent.
4. Add the cauliflower and stir evenly.
5. Add Aleppo chile finishing salt and pepper
6. Cover the skillet, and cook the cauliflower rice for around 5-10 minutes until its soft.
7. Season to taste with Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute and some more salt and pepper.
Servings : 6
Ready in : 20
Course : Main Course
Recipe Type : Dinner, Lunch, Paleo Recipes