Here’s a classic gluten free recipe that everyone can enjoy. It is a cinnamon tea bread, baked with fresh zucchini. This recipe is a much healthier (and yummier) option if you want some gluten free bread for a small snack, to accompany your meals, or even for a party. This gluten free zucchini bread recipe is also dairy free (uses Coconut milk), and can even be vegan if you choose to make it without eggs. Depending on your personal preference, you can also choose to mix in some nuts or flax seed to give it some added texture.
1 cup of grated zucchini (peeled)
1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 free-range egg whites (beaten), or egg white replacement (1/4 cups)
1/2 cup tapioca starch/flour
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. bourbon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper and oil it lightly.
2. Remove the moisture from the grated zucchini by patting it lightly with a paper towel. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the tapioca starch, baking powder, sorghum flour, baking soda, xanthan sum, cinnamon, sea salt, brown sugar, and whisk together.
4. Add the lemon juice, egg wihtes, coconut milk, and oil. Beat until the batter is smooth.
5. Stir in the grated zucchini.
6. Pour the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
7. Place in oven and bake for approximately 55 minutes, or until the surface is golden brown and firm, yet springy. An inserted toothpick should come out with no batter or crumbs.
Servings : 6
Ready in : 65
Recipe Type : Breakfast, Gluten Free Recipes, Lunch