What’s the first thing you hear when someone is telling you about this amazing gluten free desert recipe you’ve just *got* to try? You can’t even tell it’s gluten free! Of course, most of the time you very well *can* tell that its gluten free. Not to sound cliche, but this gluten free chocolate cake recipe really is so good that you can’t tell its gluten free. I can’t take full credit for this one, since I got the actual chocolate cake recipe from David Lebovitz (you can find the recipe here: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2005/09/german-chocolat-1/, and I simply substituted the 2 cups of flour for 280 grams of gluten free all purpose flour mix. However, I will take credit for the icing recipe, which you can find below. Who knew a flour less chocolate cake recipe could still turn out so great?
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 oz unsalted butter (ideally grass-fed)
9 oz powdered sugar
2 oz corn syrup (light)
2 oz sour cream
1. For The Chocolate Icing:
2. In a microwave safe bowl, put the chocolate chips and butter together. Place in microwave and run for 30 secs.
3. Stir the melted butter and chocolate together
4. Put into the microwave again and microwave for another 30 secs.
5. Once the chocolate and butter are fully melted together, put them aside to cool.
6. Put the powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer
7. Add the melted butter and chocolate chips
8. With the stand mixer running on low speed, add the sour cream and corn syrup
9. Let the stand mixer whip the frosting for a few moments until it is fluffy
10. Spread immediately on the cake
Servings : 8
Ready in : 30
Course : Dessert
Recipe Type : Gluten Free Recipes