Here’s a great little gluten free chicken enchilada recipe. They’re perfect for a dinner with friends, or just a casual Mexican night for the kids. Sometimes I modify the recipe by making “Christmas Enchiladas” with both a Verde salsa or green tomatillo sauce and a red sauce. What I do is I pour the red sauce along the center of the rolled tortillas and then I’ll spoon the green salsa on both sides. Then I center a thin stripe of shredded cheese down the middle, studded with sliced ripe (black) olives.
3 cups cooked chicken, torn into pieces
1/2 cup roasted green chilies, chopped
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tspn cumin
2 cups Enchilada Sauce
Light olive oil
10-12 white or yellow corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
Fresh chopped cilantro
Sweet corn if required
1. Spread about a spoonful (about 4 oz.) of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the oiled baking dish.
2. Heat each tortilla in a scant amount of hot light olive oil before you stuff it, till coated and softened Heat each tortilla in a scant amount of hot light olive oil before you stuff it, till coated and softened.
3. Set the warm tortilla into the prepared baking dish and coat the tortilla
4. Put approx 1/10th of the chicken pieces (you will need to even out the amount used as it will depend on how many Tortilla’s you are making) into the center of the tortilla and roll it up into place
5. Pour the enchilada sauce evenly all over the tortillas
6. Add cheddar on top
7. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly
8. Serve and enjoy!
Servings : 4
Ready in : 40
Course : Main Course
Recipe Type : Dinner, Gluten Free Recipes